Sunday, July 24, 2011

The End of an Era

Dear reader,
I regret to inform you that the cheese-a-day program will be ending with today's post, to be replaced at least for the time being with a Mondays and Fridays schedule. This must break your heart, I'm sure, but it's a decision made after much consideration and with my own mixed feelings. You see, dear reader, today is the 100th cheese I've blogged in as many days, and while I would love to keep that pace up for another hundred there are a couple of other factors at work here. For one thing I have not tried 100 cheeses since I started writing this blog, so the old cheese list is getting rather busy with tick-marks. Do not fear, though, as I write this I'm passing the 200 cheeses documented mark and will contine blogging them, albeit at a more relaxed pace, for as long as I can find new cheeses to try and write about.
More importantly I am reaching the last precious days of my study abroad program and, though I do thoroughly enjoy blogging, I feel I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't make the very most of every minute out here in Germany. The Mondays and Fridays schedule will continue for the foreseeable future as I return to regular classes in the US and make the adjustments necessary to give my final year at University the what-for. Thank you for your patience.
Hopefully the library I've already compiled up to this point has allowed you to duly wow your friends and host lavish cheese parties, and I'd imagine most folks who read this haven't read each and every post meaning there's lots of fresh cheese material just a click away already. I hope to up the posting frequency again when it becomes feasible but sadly this blog has yet to land me a job or a degree so I must continue my efforts towards the latter in the hopes of one day finding the former.
Sincerely,
The Functioning Cheese Addict

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on making it to 100! That's a lot of writing and a lot of cheese, both of which are appreciated by your fans. :) Have fun and safe travels as you make your way back home.

    ReplyDelete